Brackenfell Primary promotes the holistic development of each of our learners. Therefore, we encourage them to take part in at least one summer and one winter sports activity.
- To form a healthy bond between achievement and participation.
- To encourage mass participation in various sports activities.
- To help learners develop a sense of sportsmanship and determination.
- To deliver quality coaching and development to our learners.
Below is a list of Brackenfell Primary's sport activities and their coordinators:
- Athletics - S. van der Merwe
- Tennis – C. Herbert
- Cricket – I. Prinsloo
- Cross-Country – N. Terblans
- Chess – S. van Vuuren
- Hockey – C. Nortje
- Rugby – R. Nel
- Netball – (Mini) E. Potgieter & M. Matthee; (Senior) T. Coetzee
The curriculums for KKW and Motor Skills accentuate sports skills.
In Grade R, the curriculum provides for the incorporation of sporting skills through private coaching specialists. In doing so we are laying the foundation for our learner's sporting futures. These specialists also assist in the development of skills in sporting activities for learners in Grade 1 to 3 through means of weekly training clinics.
The school organises annual sports days and participates in other school's sports days, as well as tours, which enable our players to further develop themselves.
The school's governing body determines the school's official sports activities.
Links to communicator:
- Quarterly program
- Sport times
- The Brackie